Matt Pone

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

How to deal with ageing parents

It's something that we must face up to at some point, our parents will eventually require us to take the decision making process out of their hands and enquire about elderly care homes.

There are various steps to take in the build up to this daunting decision though, initially we can make their lives as comfortable as possible and provide options such as stairlifts and mobility scooters so they can retain an element of freedom.

My grandmother lived in warden assisted flats, which was a great half-way point, with other residents providing a social element, plus the security of having a permanent member of staff on-site 24 hours per day and an emergency cord in each room incase any residents fell or needed urgent assistance.

Ultimately, having no brothers or sisters, I know I will face this potential decision one day on behalf of my parents and I'm dreading it, I must admit!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home